Your best source of apps & games reviews Editor's Choice
Top Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom The virtual conference is the only way to interact with multiple people at the same time nowadays. With quarantine measures around the world, it is not easy to get in touch with your family and friends or even attend the work meeting. This is when the Zoom video chatting app becomes on-demand. It quickly moved forward various tops and charts, leaving behind numerous well-known chatting services.
Zoom meeting background helps you to make your conversation live and fun. Zoom offers you to choose the scenery for your video conference, which will be visible for others. This is the perfect way to show your creativity, sense of humor, and probably hide the mess at home so your parents wouldn’t notice. If you have specific preferences in mind, there may be a problem to find the gem in a pile of standard backgrounds. This is why we have created the list of atmospheric top Zoom backgrounds.
This is one of the most popular backgrounds for Zoom so far. And we understand why. What can be a better proof of your serious attitude and the desire to work really hard during the day than to appear in the iconic sitcom The Office in front of your boss? Like the main characters of this series were rarely seen away from their work, you can only highlight your intentions and working mood. And who can argue with that? Now the office is always with you, even at your home.
This may be creepy one, but still easily recognizable and iconic. It is hard to imagine a more intense atmosphere than in a hallway from the movie Shining. It requires complete concentration. You stay aware and attentive to every detail. If your boss does not think that it is the appropriate background, just remind him that Jack was one of the workaholics who actually lived at work.
Living Room from Simpsons
This legendary view is a great option for family meetings. From the start, it provides a relaxing atmosphere which reminds you of your own home. And if your real home can be hardly visible from the amount of junk everywhere, follow Homer’s steps, just make sure there is a tiny clean spot in the room that will be visible to everyone while you are talking via Zoom, or simply enjoy the background with Homer’s living room. This scenery was released by Fox.
We don’t recommend picking this background in front of your boss and colleagues, as they may get jealous of you playing the popular game. But if you want to cheer up your friends, put this peaceful view behind you. Minecraft fans or not, the scenery looks so green and peaceful that everyone will like it. It calls you up to join the game and build something immediately. There are numerous variants of background from this game, pick the one that you enjoy the most.
This is Fine
The hilarious meme that represents the room on fire is a great metaphor for everything that is happening right now. While we all are trying to stay calm and sane in a weird and unfamiliar situation, it is ok to admit the problem. And the new background reflects your emotions. You may sip your coffee and talk to your friends and employers, while the house remains on fire. This is the best answer to the popular question nowadays “How are you?”.
Well, this is our favorite background here. In the office, we have a huge cardboard background with the captain’s bridge in the USS Enterprise as well. Just in case. Anyway, Star Trek’s Enterprise ship from the Next Generation is the place many of us want to be right now. Even though it is not always easy to be Captain James Tiberius Kirk, this is way better than sitting bored at home.
Do you want to join these rock legends? Who did not want to become the part of the group or at least sing Bohemian Rhapsody with them? It does not matter whether you have the talent to sing or not, we know what you are singing in the shower. Let’s concentrate on how you can make your friends envy you before it gets too weird. Besides, even those unfamiliar with Queen (do they even exist?) will be amazed by your appearance with three floating heads in the background.
Animal Crossing New Horizons
Hurry up! This game has been already banned in China. Get your background for Zoom until you can. Anyway, it may probably be not the best idea to arrange a video conference with your Chinese co-workers using the scenery from this lovely game.
How to Add Background to Zoom
It does not matter where you want to use the app, on your laptop or phone, you can still add the background. Before you do this, make sure you actually have all the backgrounds that you need on your device. You don’t have to limit yourself with only one.
Open Zoom on your PC or Mac and pick the Setup in the corner of the app;
Select the Virtual Background option in a side menu;
If you want to use Zoom’s original backgrounds, you can click on the gallery;
Those who have their own backgrounds can use the Plus sign, which will open the gallery on your computer. Choose the best view and add it to Zoom;
Once you are at the meeting, simply choose the Arrow on the left of the Video icon. Select the Choose a Virtual Background option.
You have to log in to an account on Zoom and join the meeting;
Tap the three dots below the display;
Pick the More menu;
Choose the Virtual Background option there. Now you can pick one of the backgrounds Zoom offers or add your own.
Zoom creators recommend using a strong Internet connection with their backgrounds. It is also crucial to have a good webcam. The background will be perfectly matched with a green screen. But if you don’t have one, that’s ok. The service will work anyway.
Which Background to Choose?
The choice of background in Zoom mainly depends on your current mood and people who you want to connect to. It may be inappropriate to be in a Batcave or Hogwarts castle while talking to your bosses. Make sure that your background does not offend anyone. If you are still worried about breaches in Zoom’s security, don’t put the background with your personal information and credit card numbers behind you. To be serious, millions of people trust their conversations to Zoom, and background simply makes everything better. Which one is your favorite
- Minecraft Minecraft is a crafting sandbox game which everyone has heard of. It features a huge open world, which you can interact with in multiple ways. You can also play with your friends. Realms in Minecraft are generated randomly and a player starts at a random point. If you are into exploration and crafting it is a very good game to check it out.
Minecraft’s graphics consist of blocks. It does not sound too appealing, but those blocks give the game its charm and unique atmosphere. Moreover, the graphics are not demanding at all, so you can unleash your creativity even on the old PC. It is also easier to manipulate resources when all of them are just blocks, not very realistic though. The user interface is made by a principle of simplicity. However, with the recent updates, you can move items to a hot bar while shift-clicking.
The controls are typical for this type of game. Yet they can differ from platform to platform. For PC you will perform the most of the actions with the mouse. Also, it is possible to set up keys according to your taste. However, we believe that the most comfortable controls are in the Minecraft Switch version.
Lasting Appeal 5/5
Multiplayer, survival mode, multiple opportunities for crafting, and the sense of ownership makes Minecraft a perfect game for replay. There is no finish point in the game. It is hard to stop when you have built a whole town, so you will likely return to Minecraft with a new bunch of ideas. Lasting Appeal of this game is so high that people spend thousands of hours in Minecraft, gathering resources and crafting. First, it can be practical tools, then fortifiers for your town, finishing with the beautiful décor parts. And all of the above is made from the raw materials, isn’t it fun? The only disadvantage of this game is how addicted it could become.
The playing is not difficult at all. But when you have gathered all kinds of different resources you will likely realize that you do not know what to do with them. Minecraft does not offer players any type of guidance. You should go to Minecraft wiki and just read through recipes, following them. Survival mode can bring some difficulties, so you better step in prepared. In general, Minecraft follows our world’s physics and is quite realistic in that matter. So you better not jump into a suspicious pit or something.
It can seem that Minecraft lacks text or NPCs but there is a great feeling of achievement when you are only one against the world. Many people continue to play it because of it. Occasional bugs can also ruin the experience a little.
- Hello Neighbor Hello Neighbor is a stealth horror game where a player must find a way to the creepy neighbor’s basement. It contains not only lots of puzzles, but the AI is very smart and capable of learning the player’s favorite routes. Do not be surprised if you see traps or cameras set all over the way while you were sure the way had been clear. Hello Neighbor is a game with multiple problems which hinder players from enjoying it.
The graphics are the best side of Hello Neighbor. The colors are bright and the style of the game portrays the creepy atmosphere very well. Moreover, character design is also on top. The appearance of the neighbor gave us chills many times. The animation is smooth. There are countless items situated in the neighbor’s house, and they are drawn quite realistic. The only problem is that you cannot know which of them are interactive, so guessing is your only choice. The graphics work very convincingly with the sounds.
Controls are the place where Hello Neighbor hits the bottom for the first time. You won’t be given any tutorial, so it is a plain trial and error. Some buttons perform one action in one moment, and the other in the second moment. The unrealistic and sometimes very irritating physics worsens things, so it is not only the bad controls you have to fight against.
Lasting Appeal 1/5
Playing Hello Neighbor introduces players to so many problems that nobody will want to experience it again. Moreover, you have to pay for other episodes separately. The game has no solid plot and is based solely on horribly difficult puzzles. The only good thing is a creepy atmosphere but you can easily experience it anywhere else. It is very frustrating to play even if sometimes you get rewarded for exploring the labyrinth. Hello Neighbor has been in early access for months, and it seems nothing is going to change for the better.
The difficulty curve in this game is inadequate. Hello Neighbor does not explain to a new player anything. You will have to lurk through the forums or steam reviews if you dare to finish this game. In order to kill the boss, you need to have a double jump ability, but you can obtain it only in a specific location. And Hello Neighbor does not encourage a player to get there. It just does not give any clue at all.
As for puzzles, they are so unpleasantly hard and illogical that we could not help but feel irritated by the unpredictability of them. Moreover, it is so easy to fail countless times and get discouraged because the neighbor seems to know anything which is happening in the world.
- Google Chrome – The Fast and Secure Web Browser Google Chrome is a browser that enables you to surf the Internet conveniently. There are customization options that you can adjust in the settings for a personalized experience. Beyond the conventional browsing functionality, additional features such as Google Translate give you even more enhanced user experience as you can browse all webpages in the English language. There are other handy features which can be integrated with Google Chrome for better user experience. These require that you sign up for a Google account, which is free, and you will be able to sync data (such as bookmarks and open tabs) across all your devices. The app offers you an incognito browsing mode which enables you to surf the internet with privacy. The browser has a built-in PDF reader that allows you to view PDF documents. Looking at the design, Google Chrome has a clean and logically organized layout. The features are visibly marked, and it is easy to comprehend what each icon represents. Search results are displayed in a well-organized manner, making it easier for you to locate webpages of your interest. Moreover, the toolbar located on the bottom part of the interface auto-hides, letting you focus on page content. The start-up page shows frequently visited websites, which is quite convenient during startup – no need to type the URL of places you go to often. However, there are some usability issues. The ease of getting to bookmarks is questionable as they are in a place that is tedious to access instead of being displayed in a new tab. In addition, the app may be slightly slower compared to other browsers in regards to performance, an issue that varies from device to device. Nonetheless, other core features are simple to access and use. You can switch between tabs with ease by merely touching the tabs icon on the top right corner of the interface.
- Find My iPhone Find My iPhone app helps you find your iOS device in the event of misplacement. You can also completely erase your data when recovery becomes difficult. With Find My iPhone, gone are the days when an iOS device would get lost, and all that could follow was fear of never getting it back or the dread of your data being exposed. The app comes in handy in helping you find your device and wipe it if necessary. However, if you chose to format the device by erasing all the data, you will not be able to find it using this app. With this in mind, clearing all the data should come in as the last option. One other feature is the Lost Mode. It enables you to lock your iOS device and displays a message alerting anyone with it that you are coming for it. The app also shows your contact in case anyone with it would need to contact you. You need to enable the app in iCloud settings on your device so that you can locate it. The graphics of the app are simple and clean, which is the tradition with most Apple software products. The navigational elements are so clear that you can launch the app for the first time and use it flawlessly. The maps are excellent, the accuracy of device locations is reliable, and the visual representation of the gadget is visible enough. In terms of controls, it is almost impossible to make a wrong move with this app, thanks to the simple and clear instructive components. Once you have located a lost device icon on the map, a navigational bar at the bottom of the screen gives you three options, and these are Play Sound, Lost Mode and Erase iPhone. Their ease of accessibility is beyond question.
new Grand Theft Auto V When a young street hustler, a retired bank robber and a terrifying psychopath find themselves entangled with some of the most frightening and deranged elements of the criminal underworld, the U.S. government and the entertainment industry, they must pull off a series of dangerous heists to survive in a ruthless city in which they can trust nobody, least of all each other. Grand Theft Auto V for PC offers players the option to explore the award-winning world of Los Santos and Blaine County in resolutions of up to 4k and beyond, as well as the chance to experience the game running at 60 frames per second. The game offers players a huge range of PC-specific customization options, including over 25 separate configurable settings for texture quality, shaders, tessellation, anti-aliasing and more, as well as support and extensive customization for mouse and keyboard controls. Additional options include a population density slider to control car and pedestrian traffic, as well as dual and triple monitor support, 3D compatibility, and plug-and-play controller support. Grand Theft Auto V for PC also includes Grand Theft Auto Online, with support for 30 players and two spectators. Grand Theft Auto Online for PC will include all existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including Heists and Adversary modes. The PC version of Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online features First Person Mode, giving players the chance to explore the incredibly detailed world of Los Santos and Blaine County in an entirely new way. Grand Theft Auto V for PC also brings the debut of the Rockstar Editor, a powerful suite of creative tools to quickly and easily capture, edit and share game footage from within Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. The Rockstar Editor’s Director Mode allows players the ability to stage their own scenes using prominent story characters, pedestrians, and even animals to bring their vision to life. Along with advanced camera manipulation and editing effects including fast and slow motion, and an array of camera filters, players can add their own music using songs from GTAV radio stations, or dynamically control the intensity of the game’s score. Completed videos can be uploaded directly from the Rockstar Editor to YouTube and the Rockstar Games Social Club for easy sharing. Soundtrack artists The Alchemist and Oh No return as hosts of the new radio station, The Lab FM. The station features new and exclusive music from the production duo based on and inspired by the game’s original soundtrack. Collaborating guest artists include Earl Sweatshirt, Freddie Gibbs, Little Dragon, Killer Mike, Sam Herring from Future Islands, and more. Players can also discover Los Santos and Blaine County while enjoying their own music through Self Radio, a new radio station that will host player-created custom soundtracks.Special access content requires Rockstar Games Social Club account. Visit http://rockstargames.com/v/bonuscontent for details.
- Size: 72 GB available space
- Author: Rockstar North
- Category: Action Games